Resource Center: General information - opioid addiction, Psychosocial
Description:Guideline document discussing the psychosocial treatment buprenorphine patients should receive.
Source:Physician Clinical Support System (PCSS)
Your rating: None Average: 4.3 (3 votes)
Description:Guide on using motivation to effect substance abuse treatment. Includes information on motivational interviewing, integrating motivational approaches into treatment, and measuring patient motivation.
Source:Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Your rating: None Average: 4.5 (4 votes)
Description:This booklet provides a general overview of the principles that characterize effective treatment for drug addiction, and can be used to introduce staff and patients to this topic.
Source:National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
Your rating: None Average: 4.5 (2 votes)
Description:The new version of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM V) is scheduled for publication in May 2013. The following website lists the new proposed criteria for a "Opioid Use Disorder" diagnosis.
Source:American Psychiatric Association
Your rating: None
- How-To Guides
- All How-To Guides
- Get Started Prescribing Buprenorphine
- Assess and Treat Patients with Comorbid Health Issues
- Conduct Buprenorphine Induction
- Establish and Manage a Buprenorphine Practice
- Manage Challenging Patients
- Comply with Rules, Regulations, and Recordkeeping
- Understand Insurance and Billing Issues
- Screen for Substance Abuse
- Refer Patients to an Addiction Specialist
- Review: What is Buprenorphine?
- Your Bup Site!
- Site Blog