- Next Steps: Get Started Prescribing Buprenorphine!
- Obtaining a Waiver to Prescribe Buprenorphine
- Establishing a Relationship with Mental Health Professionals and Facilities
- Establishing a Relationship with a Laboratory
- Establishing a Relationship with a Pharmacy
- Locating an Experienced Buprenorphine Prescriber for Consultations
- Preparing Your Office for OBOT
- How to Assess and Treat Patients with Comorbid Health Issues
- How to Conduct Buprenorphine Induction
- How to Establish and Manage a Buprenorphine Practice
- How to Manage Challenging Patients
- How to Comply with Rules, Regulations, and Recordkeeping
- How to Understand Insurance and Billing Issues
- How to Screen for Substance Abuse
- How to Refer Patients to an Addiction Specialist
- Review: What is Buprenorphine?
Congratulations! Upon completing our BupPractice.com online buprenorphine training program, you are finally (almost) eligible to start prescribing buprenorphine. However, you must complete a few more steps before you write that first prescription. This guide will advise you on the following:
- Obtaining a waiver to prescribe buprenorphine
- Establishing a relationship with
- mental health professionals,
- laboratories, and
- Locating an experienced buprenorphine prescriber for consultation
- Summary: Putting it all together
Plus resources on each page with additional tips and tools!
|Written by Clinical Tools, Inc.
Reviewed by experts in buprenorphine treatment
Publication updated: November 2011. Updated December 2013.
|Download Entire Guide|