- Next Steps: Get Started Prescribing Buprenorphine!
- How to Assess and Treat Patients with Comorbid Health Issues
- How to Conduct Buprenorphine Induction
- How to Establish and Manage a Buprenorphine Practice
- Setting up a Schedule for Induction Visits
- Planning for Patient Waiting Between Doses
- Staff Responsibilities During Induction
- Setting up a Schedule for Maintenance Visits
- About Buprenorphine Formulations
- Guidelines for Prescriptions and Medication Refills
- Patient Tips for Taking Sublingual Buprenorphine
- How to Manage Challenging Patients
- How to Comply with Rules, Regulations, and Recordkeeping
- How to Understand Insurance and Billing Issues
- How to Screen for Substance Abuse
- How to Refer Patients to an Addiction Specialist
- Review: What is Buprenorphine?
Logistical tips and advice to help you prepare your practice to treat patients with buprenorphine, including:
- Staff responsibilities during induction
- Setting up a schedule for induction and maintenance visits
- Planning for patient waiting between doses
- Guidelines for prescriptions and medication refills
- Facts about the buprenorphine formulations and patient tips for taking it
Plus resources on each page with additional tips and tools!
|Written by Clinical Tools, Inc.
Reviewed by experts in buprenorphine treatment
Publication date February 9, 2009. Updated December 2013.
|Download Entire Guide|