- Next Steps: Get Started Prescribing Buprenorphine!
- How to Assess and Treat Patients with Comorbid Health Issues
- How to Conduct Buprenorphine Induction
- Phases of Buprenorphine Treatment
- Basic Induction and Dosing Guidelines
- Preparing for Induction
- Standard Induction Protocol
- Dealing with Complications During Induction
- Establishing a Maintenance Dose of Buprenorphine
- Tapering and Discontinuation of Patients from Buprenorphine
- Procedure for Detoxification (Medically Supervised Withdrawal)
- How to Establish and Manage a Buprenorphine Practice
- How to Manage Challenging Patients
- How to Comply with Rules, Regulations, and Recordkeeping
- How to Understand Insurance and Billing Issues
- How to Screen for Substance Abuse
- How to Refer Patients to an Addiction Specialist
- Review: What is Buprenorphine?
How to Conduct Buprenorphine Induction
Clinical tips and advice about:
- Basic induction and dosing
- Complications of induction
- Transferring patients from methadone to buprenorphine
- Maintenance dosage
- Medically supervised withdrawal (detoxification)
Plus resources on each page with additional tips and tools!
|Written by Clinical Tools, Inc.
Reviewed by experts in buprenorphine treatment
Publication updated: November 2011.
|Download Entire Guide|