- Next Steps: Get Started Prescribing Buprenorphine!
- How to Assess and Treat Patients with Comorbid Health Issues
- How to Conduct Buprenorphine Induction
- How to Establish and Manage a Buprenorphine Practice
- How to Manage Challenging Patients
- How to Comply with Rules, Regulations, and Recordkeeping
- Federal (DEA) Recordkeeping Requirements for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Federal Guidelines for Dispensing Buprenorphine Tablets in the Office
- Guidelines for Writing a Prescription for Buprenorphine
- DEA Oversight and Audits of Buprenorphine Treatment Programs
- Patient Privacy Issues for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Medical Recordkeeping Guidelines for Substance Abuse Patients
- How to Understand Insurance and Billing Issues
- How to Screen for Substance Abuse
- How to Refer Patients to an Addiction Specialist
- Review: What is Buprenorphine?
How to Comply with Rules, Regulations, and Recordkeeping
Clinical tips and advice about:
- Federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) recordkeeping requirements for buprenorphine treatment
- Federal guidelines for dispensing buprenorphine tablets in the office
- Establishing a relationship with mental health professionals/facilities, laboratories, and pharmacies
- Guidelines for writing a prescription for buprenorphine
- DEA oversight and audits of buprenorphine treatment programs
- Patient privacy issues for buprenorphine treatment
- Medical recordkeeping guidelines for substance abuse patients
Plus resources on each page with additional tips and tools!
|Written by Clinical Tools, Inc.
Reviewed by experts in buprenorphine treatment
Publication date February 9, 2009. Updated December 2013.
|Download Entire Guide|