- Next Steps: Get Started Prescribing Buprenorphine!
- How to Assess and Treat Patients with Comorbid Health Issues
- How to Conduct Buprenorphine Induction
- How to Establish and Manage a Buprenorphine Practice
- How to Manage Challenging Patients
- Talking to Patients About Substance Use and Other Sensitive Issues
- The Physician's Role in Preventing Abuse and Diversion
- Identifying Abuse and Diversion
- Preventing Abuse and Diversion
- Taking Action when Abuse or Diversion is Suspected
- Using a Patient Contract During Buprenorphine Treatment
- Dealing with Negative or Disruptive Behaviors of Opioid Dependent Patients
- Taking Action when a Patient Violates the Patient Contract
- Patient Management Issues Specific to Rural Practices
- How to Comply with Rules, Regulations, and Recordkeeping
- How to Understand Insurance and Billing Issues
- How to Screen for Substance Abuse
- How to Refer Patients to an Addiction Specialist
- Review: What is Buprenorphine?
How to Manage Challenging Patients
Clinical tips and advice about:
- Talking to patients about substance abuse
- Dealing with drug-seeking patients
- Dealing with diversion
- Dealing with negative/disruptive behavior of some opioid dependent patients
- Using a patient contract/agreement
- Taking action when a patient violates a contract/agreement
- Dealing with patient management issues specific to rural areas
Plus resources on each page with additional tips and tools!
|Written by Clinical Tools, Inc.
Reviewed by experts in buprenorphine treatment
Publication date February 9, 2009. Updated December 2013.
|Download Entire Guide|