The purpose of the buprenorphine training program is to help educate physicians about buprenorphine treatment so that they can become waivered to prescribe buprenorphine.
Start prescribing buprenorphine for your patients with opioid addiction!
Some features of this online program include:
- 8 hour training program meets the training requirement of DATA 2000
- Up to 9 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit (TM) available for physicians
- $199/physician (group rates available)
- All Internet-based, available 24/7
- Development solely funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse and your program fee; no industry support.
Did You know?:
- Completions: We have over 4,694 total physician completions of our training program (2006-January 2014).
- High Post-training satisfaction: In a 2013 February-March post-training survey, 100% of providers (N=90) would recommend our training program to colleagues.
- High Follow-up training satisfaction: 47 providers completed a November 2012 - April 2013 followup survey (sent to users 1 month after completion of our online training program). All providers (100%) indicated on the survey they would recommend our program to a colleague.
What are recent users saying?
"This is one of the most well-written online training programs I have experienced. The subject matter is concise, and the sight is easy to navigate. The electronic references are comprehensive and easy to access. I have recommended this course to my colleagues. " (9/12/2013)
"Great training program for OBOT with Buprenorphine in the office setting. Very easy to complete at one's own schedule, using computer or mobile device. Resources and references are abundant. The program built my confidence and competence to start providing the service in my office." Miguel Medina, Titusville, Florida, Internal Medicine (1/13/2014)
Click through the following user guide to see topics covered, sample pages taken directly from our program and an overview of the steps you need to complete.