|Content Review: Sat, 12/15/2012||Editorial Review: Sat, 12/15/2012|
Practice Gaps: Read More
This program is designed to change: Read More
- Expand your practice to comply with the regulations and requirements of office based buprenorphine treatment
- Relate buprenorphine's pharmacological properties to its drug effects and understand the physiological effects of opioids and opioid treatments on patients
- Identify, assess, and diagnose opioid use and dependence in your patients
- Utilize medical and substance abuse history information to assess your patients in terms of suitability of treatment with buprenorphine
- Provide effective and successful treatment to your patients throughout the phases of buprenorphine treatment: induction, maintenance, and discontinuation, and deal with complications that arise
- Assess and adapt treatment guidelines to best treat your patients from specific patient populations, including those with psychiatric comorbidities, adolescents, the elderly, pregnant women, methadone transfers, and patients with pain
- Prescribe, refer, or implement appropriate psychosocial therapies for treating opioid dependence
Audience and Accreditation
|Type: AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™||Estimated Time: 9 hour(s)||Release Date: 10/1/11||Expiration Date: 9/30/14|
- A letter of completion for up to 9 hour(s) is available for non-physicians.
A score of 70% on the post-test is required to complete the program.